Texas A&M EngineeringDepartment
TEES Army Futures CommandProposed Minimum Salary
College Station, TexasJob Type
We are looking for an experienced Unit Leader who will oversee, coordinate and develop a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, researchers and other talent at the Integrated Proving Grounds located at the Texas A&M University System RELLIS Campus. This team includes personnel involved with instrumentation and control, modeling and simulations, data analytics and cybersecurity. These duties involve multiple projects in a matrixed fashion spanning the Texas A&M Experiment Station (TEES), the Texas A&M College of Engineering (COE) and other external partners across differing technology domains. Provides direct support to the TEES Army Futures Command (AFC) strategic effort and all other testing activities performed as a service.Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership for a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, researchers and other talent
- Develops, presents, and delivers comprehensive presentations to the project team, upper management, and customer personnel in a clear and concise manner.
- Designs, modifies and evaluates a specific project or group of projects from project specification and planning through development and deployment.
- Serves as the central resource with design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing as the project(s) move to completion and deployment.
- Plans and manages schedules and budgets.
- Monitors the project from initiation through completion and/or customer acceptance.
- Ensures completion of the product/project on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Ensures that products/projects delivered meet customer requirements and specifications.
- Develops, manages, and maintains all aspects of project-level risks, including mitigation, costing and planning.
- Estimate resource and material needs for the project/product.
- Develops, monitors, and statuses detailed project schedules.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in applicable field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PhD degree in a related field.
- Five years of related experience.
The position must meet export control requirements without additional licensure per System Policy 15.02. http://policies.tamus.edu/15-02.pdf
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity. To apply please click here!