Touhill Performing Arts Center
All stagehands are representatives of the Touhill Performing Arts Center and employees of the University of Missouri Saint Louis. When working, all stagehands are expected to comport themselves in a professional manner in keeping with the core values of both the University of Missouri Saint Louis and the Touhill Performing Arts Center.
All stagehands will, based on competency, be asked to work on a variety of tasks within any of the theatrical departments (lighting, sound, staging, and video). These tasks are based on experience and job level; tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Deploying and coiling cables for various theatrical equipment (microphones, speakers, lighting instruments, etc.).
- Operate system boards (lighting, audio) for simple productions.
- Hands-on work with lighting instruments and their accessories (c-clamps, side arms, gel frames, irises, etc.).
- Under specific direction, safely and efficiently place equipment (sound equipment, lighting equipment, other performance support items) on, around, or near stage or event spaces as is required/requested by the client.
- Assist departments leads with system preparations for production (lighting focus, speaker and microphone placement, camera placement and focus, moving or adjusting soft goods)
- Under supervision, setup staging, seating, and banquet tables to match client requests.
- Operate specialized equipment including but not limited to:
- Playback software
- Modular platform systems
- Auxiliary or modular seating systems (retractable risers, scaffolding, pit sleds)
- Loading and unloading items and equipment from semi/box trucks as necessary.
- Cleaning and maintaining the performance and presentation spaces before, during, and after events. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Trash collection
- Provide courteous and expeditious customer service for patrons and clients
Compensation and specific duties will be determined based on experience.
Minimum hourly salary $16.00/hr
- High school diploma or equivalent and some work experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
- Ability to transport objects weighing up to 60 pounds.
- Ability to work long and unusual hours, including late at night.
- Willingness to work hard and take direction.
- Bachelor's degree in technical theater.
- Proficiency in theatrical production specializing in one of the key departments (lighting, audio, video, carpentry)
- Experience running a crew or team in a professional theatrical environment.
- Experience and comfort with working on elevated positions.
- Experience in event or theatrical setup and production (any area of emphasis).
- Proficiency operating types of theatrical equipment during a performance or event.
- Proficiency troubleshooting errors and issues types of theatrical equipment.
- Experience working independently.
- Problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills and customer service experience.
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
For questions aboutthe application process, please call (314) 516-5805. If you are experiencing technical problems, please email@example.com.
This position is not eligible for University benefits. Individuals in non benefit eligible positions may choose to participate in the Tax Deferred Annuity Plan (403b). For information about this plan, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at https://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefitsDiversity Commitment
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
English VersionEEO is the LawSpanish VersionEEO is the LawChinese Version