Touhill Performing Arts Center
All Ticket Office staff are representatives of the Touhill Performing Arts Center and employees of the University of Missouri Saint Louis. When working, all Ticket Office staff are expected to comport themselves in a professional manner in keeping with the core values of both the University of Missouri Saint Louis and the Touhill Performing Arts Center.
All Ticket Sellers will, based on competency, be asked to work on a variety of tasks. These tasks are based on experience and job level; tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Provides customer service and processes sales primarily by use of computer software programs, including a computerized ticketing system.
- Processes all ticket sales via phone, web, and over the counter sales including evenings of performances and subscription sales.
- Check Ticket Office email account and phone messages and respond to all patron questions, comments, complaints, etc. for ticketed events within the Touhill as well as providing information to customers about the upcoming performances, directions and other general information.
- Reconcile seating discrepancies.
- Answer phones and respond to messages for ticketed events within the Touhill as well as providing information to customers about upcoming performances, directions, and other general information.
- Maintain professional patron correspondence and accurate records.
- Process credit card payments and balance all transactions to payment summary; may also process cash and check payments.
- May supervise the ticket office and ticket office staff during assigned shows and events.
- Enforce Touhill ticket office policies and safety protocols while maintaining a welcoming and friendly demeanor.
- May receive assigned ticket office staff and ensure they are informed and prepared for the event.
- Must attend and engage in training sessions as assigned.
- May serve as trainer of subordinate positions.
- May assist Patron Services Manager with recommendations to scheduling, staffing, and/or patron issues.
- May contribute recommendations for policy and procedural changes to Patron Services Manager.
- Will evaluate event success with an eye toward customer service.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Must be comfortable working in fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Compensation and specific duties will be determined based on experience.
Minimum hourly salary $16.00/hr
- A high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities can be acquired is necessary.
- Ability to work long and unusual hours, including late at night.
- Willingness to work hard and take direction.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with external customers and clients.
- Exhibits evidence of success in sales and cash handling.
- Experience using ticketing software.
- Problem solving skills.
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
For questions aboutthe application process, please call (314) 516-5805. If you are experiencing technical problems, please firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is not eligible for University benefits. Individuals in non benefit eligible positions may choose to participate in the Tax Deferred Annuity Plan (403b). For information about this plan, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at https://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefitsDiversity Commitment
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
English VersionEEO is the LawSpanish VersionEEO is the LawChinese Version