Information Systems and Technology, College of Business Administration
TheCollege of Business Administration at the University of Missouri St. Louisis accredited by the world's premier business school accrediting organization, theAACSB
(Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) inboth
business and accounting; less than 2% of business schools worldwide have achieved this dual accreditation.The Princeton Review
ranks the College in the top 3% of business schools in the nation.U.S. News and World Report
continues to rank our international business program among America's top 20 for 15 years running. Our graduate business program is ranked byMilitary Times
among the top 25 Best for Vets programs. And, the National Security Agency (NSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) have designated our cybersecurity program as aCenter of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education (CAE-CDE)
, making UMSL the only four-year institution in the St. Louis region with this designation. UMSL additionally holds the NSA/DHS focus area specialization inSecurity Policy Development and Compliance.
Candidates can learn more about the IST degree and certificate programs atist.umsl.eduandcybersecurity.umsl.edu. Contact:
Dr. Dinesh Mirchandani, Professor and Chair Information Systems and Technology (email@example.com)
Information Systems and Technology (IST) is a vibrant and fast-growing area. Demand for IST professionals is significant and increasing. UMSL's College of Business Administration is meeting those needs through a revamped curriculum, an active and engaged industry advisory board, faculty research, and teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Non-tenure Track faculty are expected to be strong teachers, provide service to the College, University, community, and profession; and contribute to the growth and strategic priorities of the Department of Information Systems and Technology and the College of Business Administration.
Ideal candidates will be experienced instructors with significant IST and business work experience. The candidates will have established ties with industry or will actively develop and maintain industry contacts to better serve the IST students. Candidates will actively engage with existing student facing activities of the department or will demonstrate initiative to create exciting learning and career centered opportunities for IST students. Candidates will demonstrate a willingness for continuous professional development and openness to innovative instructional strategies. They will also actively participate in College and University committees, task forces, and other activities for furthering UMSL's public land grand mission.
- Earned Master's degree in Information Systems (IS), or Information Technology (IT), or a closely related field. A doctoral degree is desirable but not required.
- Candidates should have experience teaching in a higher education setting in both face to face and 100% online formats. Experience in teaching short duration advanced IS/IT training programs for IS/IT/business professionals in industry is also desirable.
- Candidates should have practitioner-based experience in areas such as Systems Analysis (traditional systems analysis and design, object-oriented analysis and design, and scrum methodologies), IT Project Management, IT Auditing, Database and Data Administration, and Cybersecurity. They should be conversant with frontline IS/IT technologies and demonstrate a commitment to keeping up with the rapidly advancing technologies in the IS/IT field and introduce them in undergraduate and graduate classes.
- Candidates should have familiarity with the information systems ecosystem and workforce needs in St. Louis or a similar region. Candidates are expected to participate actively in student mentoring, provide career guidance, and maintain close relationships with firms for the placement of graduates in the St Louis area and beyond.
Open until filled.
Applicants should upload a letter of interest, a curriculum vita, 3 letters of recommendation, a teaching statement, teaching evaluations (if any), and any supplemental materials.The application and recommendations should address the teaching activities that define the candidate's area(s) of expertise and interest. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
For questions about the application process, please call (314) 516-5805. If you are experiencing technical problems, please firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications. The University of Missouri-St. Louis provides excellent medical, retirement, and other benefits to full-time employees (http://www.umsl.edu/services/hrs/careers/faculty.html).
The University of Missouri - St. Louis offers benefit-eligible employees a wide variety of benefits including: health, dental and vision coverage effective on the first day of employment, retirement, paid time off, tuition assistance for employees and their dependents and employee and dependent life insurance. For more information about our benefits, please visit:
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
- EEO is the LawEnglish Version
- EEO is the LawSpanish Version
- EEO is the LawChinese Version