Assists with customer service, social and business duties in relation to university and university-sponsored events.
- Understands how tasks/activities relate to others on the team and how the team integrates with other related, similar teams
- Organizes and completes structured assignments according to priorities
- Provides input on long-term plans
- Organizes and coordinates events (e.g., developing promotional materials) and operations (e.g., inventories)
- Provides solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on existing precedents or procedures
- Evaluates and selects solutions from established options/procedures
- Impacts own team through the quality of the services or information provided
- Communicates through the regular exchange of information, ranging from routine to complex to enter the job description.
- Coordinate logistics for Succeed special events
- Develop and maintain Succeed Event Calendar
- Develop materials to increase awareness for Succeed events
- Develop inclusive event practices that can be shared across campus
- Recruit sponsors for fundraising events.
Pay commensurate with education and experience.
Range: Minimum starting wage: $15.50 hourly
University Title: Senior Event Assistant
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.
A high school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities can be acquired is necessary.
Experience in event planning, and mananging an event budget. Strong attention to detail. Able to communicate with multiple stakeholders.
Cover Letter and Resume
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. The University will not sponsor applicants for this position for employment visas.
Inclusive Excellence Statement
As one of the most culturally and ethnically diverse campuses in Missouri, UMSL is committed to maintaining a climate where all students, faculty, staff and visitors can explore their interests, refine their talents and flourish. Inclusive excellence is embedded in our strategic plan which focuses on actions to recruit and retain diverse students and employees and promote activities that encourage civil and constructive discourse, reasoned thought and sustained dialogue in an environment of inclusion
, respect and appreciation.
This position is not eligible for University benefits. Individuals in non benefit eligible positions may choose to participate in the Tax Deferred Annuity Plan (403b). For information about this plan, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at https://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefitsDiversity Commitment
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
English VersionEEO is the LawSpanish VersionEEO is the LawChinese Version