Computer Science Job Title
Visiting Assistant Professor of Computer Science One-Year Appointment 2020-2021 Job Type
One year full-time position Is Tenure Track
No Job Summary
The Department of Computer Science at Gettysburg College invites applications for a one-year Visiting Assistant Professor position beginning August 2020. We seek individuals who have a genuine interest in teaching within the liberal arts environment. Teaching responsibilities will include some combination of 100/200-level introductory courses for majors or non-majors with the possibility of also developing and teaching an upper-level course in the successful candidate's area of expertise. The teaching load for this position will be three course sections per semester. The opportunity to work with undergraduate research students is a possibility. Qualifications
Candidates should have a Ph.D. (or be ABD ) in Computer Science or a closely related field. Teaching experience or promise of excellence in teaching is preferred. Evidence of an active research program and potential to expand the current curriculum with a new area are desirable. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate through their teaching or scholarship that they can contribute to the diversity and inclusive excellence of our community. Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and a statement of teaching philosophy and experience (limit the CV to four pages and teaching statement to two pages). Enter in the application form the names and current email addresses of three professional references, at least one of whom can discuss potential for teaching effectiveness. Professional references will be contacted by Gettysburg College to submit letters of recommendation electronically.
Review of completed applications (including the three reference letters) will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Inquiries can be addressed to Professor Ivaylo Ilinkin (email@example.com). EEO Statement
Gettysburg College, an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and admission. The College prohibits discrimination and harassment, and provides equal opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital/familial status, possession of a General Education Development Certificate ( GED ) as compared to a high school diploma, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, or genetic information in all aspects of employment, educational programs, activities, and admissions. Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Gettysburg College prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities. Posting Number
20100128F Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Candidate Documents Required Documents
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- CASE (Council for Advancement & Support of Education)
- Consortium for Faculty Diversity
- Frederick News Post - Local Newspaper
- Gettysburg College Digest
- Gettysburg College Website
- Gettysburg Times - Local Newspaper
- Hanover Evening Sun - Local Newspaper
- LGBT in Higher Ed Website
- Merchandiser - Local Newspaper
- Monster Jobs (monster.com)
- Patriot News - Local Newspaper
- Referral from Gettysburg College staff, faculty, friend or family member
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Women in Higher Ed Website
- Other Website or Listserv (Please note specific website or listserv below)
- Other Source (Please note other specific source below)
- If you noted "Other website or Listserv" or "Other source" above, please let us know specifically where you heard about this employment vacancy.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Statement
To apply please click here!